The financial decisions you make today can have far-reaching impacts for your financial future, so it’s important to be confident in those decisions. With the rise of online shopping coupled with increased credit opportunities and the availability of complex financial products, it’s easier than ever to accumulate debt with just a few clicks of a mouse or taps on a screen, and the responsibility often falls to the consumer to unravel the mysteries of the world of finance. Achieving financial empowerment can seem like a daunting task, but HUECU is here to help. With a number of free financial resources, including a new suite of over 100 on-demand educational videos, HUECU is dedicated to the financial wellbeing of our members and community.
The FINRA Investor Education Foundation hosts a study where you can test your financial literacy, known as the Financial Capability Study. Their findings show that only 34% of individuals in the United States can answer four out of the five questions regarding financial literacy. So, if you’re feeling a little lost, you’re not alone. The study further found that 19% of individuals in the U.S. spend more in a year than their annual income. Proper understanding of your finances can help prevent you from overextending your funds in this way and ensure that you are saving for unexpected expenses. That’s where HUECU’s host of personal finance videos comes into play — because learning about your finances doesn’t have to be stressful!
With over 100 short, educational personal finance videos at your disposal, you can explore topics such as auto insurance, certificate of deposits (CD), dividends, home equity lines of credit, and so much more. In just a few minutes, you can be better prepared for everything from balancing your checkbook to understanding your credit score. And, if you’re still not confident in your finances, then keep reading, because HUECU has a whole host of other resources to set you on the financial track that is right for you.
What Other Resources are Available to You?
- Free Financial Counseling: As part of HUECU’s commitment to financial wellness and education, the Credit Union offers free personal financial counseling through Green Path Financial Wellness, a national not-for-profit dedicated to improving the financial health of their clients.
- Finance Workshops: HUECU also hosts regular financial workshops. Upcoming programs as well as past workshops can be found at huecu.org/workshops.
- Digital Worksheets: Budgeting worksheets, checklists, strategy, and planning handouts are available to download at huecu.org/hub. Looking to buy a home or pay off your credit debt but not sure where to start? These handouts are a great resource to start you on the right path toward your goals.
- More Videos: The HUECU YouTube channel is another great place to watch financial education videos made by the experts you trust at HUECU.
- Support Staff: HUECU’s team of expert support staff is available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. You can visit a branch in person or reach a staff member by phone at 617-495-4460 or email at email@example.com
- Staying Social: And, don’t forget to check back regularly on our blog and social media @myHUECU for regular tips, updates, and financial motivation. You've got this!
Financial wellness can be tricky, but it’s important to build the skillset and knowledge base that will help you manage your daily, monthly, and yearly expenses effectively. No matter your money personality, HUECU has the financial education tools and resources necessary to help you secure a prosperous future.